Thursday, November 8, 2012

SF MOMA Trip

Casey Reas, Process 7, 2010; multimedia

Casey Reas's "Process 7" was very neat to watch. Art that moves and a grows and changes on its own. As I understand it, the artwork is program that is like a formula that allows for it to grow and change within certain parameters. Feels very conceptual. With painting and sculpture you can only look at it for so before you are "done". This artwork can be viewed infinitely, I don't think it ever "loops" it just keeps growing. I didn't know that the word multimedia was in use a gallery setting to describe medium.


What really amused me was the Ed Osborn, Night-Sea Music, 1998. I loved the whimsical wriggling wires and the chiming music. I took it at totally different face value that what Ed Osborn meant it to be. Well, now that I've read what it's about it's very obvious. The short and tragic life of sperm. That's art worthy, maybe for man?

No comments:

Post a Comment