Monday, October 15, 2012

Augmented Body Project


Scifi artists are the world's fantasy dreamers that realize that one day their dream will become reality. Science fiction also creates a sub pop culture that many people find is just the right fit. I did my augmented body project on the though of the ability to change one's appearance at will. For me this is something extremely important to me since before I could remember. To be able to change my appearance completely to comply with my emotions, thoughts and personality. I would truly be able to express myself.
This piece was hard to complete because there were so many things I wanted to express but didn't know how to. My working knowledge of photoshop allowed me to express most of what I wanted to though trail and error. I also wanted to at least express even in a overarching, simplistic way one way that this might work with technology we have available.
As humans we have always been obsessed with changing a our appearance. It's part of our nature. Whether society is telling us to look a certain way or if we a listening to our inner voice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment